Friday 12 January 2018

Simple Design to Create Cards

Happy New Year! I hope that you are having a safe and restful holiday season. The end of the year is always a whirlwind with preparations for gatherings with little free time to create, so I was so excited to find some time to use some of my Lavande papers from Meg's Garden to create two cards. My first uses some dies and flowers to create this all purpose card with a stamped sentiment. I was wanting a card that could be used for several occasions and I felt this sentiment was perfect.
I layered my papers and used foam tape for dimension. I also placed an oval die over part of the paper so that I could stamp my sentiment on it and incorporate it into my design.
My second card is a thank you card. I never seem to have enough of these cards! It is also from the same sheet of paper and was constructed in the same way.
I am really thrilled at how these cards turned out...simple design and easy to adapt for any card size and occasion.

Supplies:
Special Day Card
Meg's Garden:  

Other: Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance and Oval Floral, Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork, Green Tara Flowers, JustRite Enjoy the Day Label Four, Distress Ink Dusty Concord, Versafine Onyx Black Ink

Thanks Card
Meg's Garden:  
Other: Joycrafts Frame Square, Spellbinders Circles Small, Memory Box Botanical Stem and Leavenworth Butterfly Trio, Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It Loud, Kaisercraft Pearls Lavender, Versafine Onyx Black Ink

Thanks so much for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy what beautiful cards and the designs and colours are beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs Debs xx
    https://debsartliffscards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love the pretty colors, and I do like a bit of foam tape to lift embellishing too... stay cool... somehow... this heat has been relentless here, hoping we get some rain really soon...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...